Tiffany (reborn_spirit) wrote in go_isu,

  • Mood:

Any help from special ed, or elementary ed majors is needed.

Okay, so I'm in C&I 208 right now.
I have to write that final paper for the end of class, and I can't figure it out.
I can't read the school report cards, and I can't figure out what the National Reading Pannel has to do with anything.
Anyone been in that class before who can help me make heads or tails of this shit.
Just to remind you, I'm blind. If I could see this shit, it'd be a lot easier.
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

You really should contact your professor or TA if you are having difficulties, especially if they are due to your disability. They are supposed to make accommodations for you (as I'm sure you know), and if you are having difficulties with reading the report cards then that is definitely a situation where they should step in, and if they aren't you should contact the office for disability concerns about the situation.
I think it's a little too late. Let me give you an example. She gave me something in print and told me to take it to Disability Concerns to get it converted, then took it back when I offered it to her since she didn't make enough copies. Then, she never gave me anything back. Then, she gave me back my original lesson plan with all of my corrections on it...In print. So I don't even know what to do with it. She doesn't explain things in class, and no one understands what's going on. The paper's due tomorrow, and no one really gets what we're supposed to be doing. We have to have it in, or we fail the class.
If she is not accommodating your needs you should write up the situation as best as possible and take it to disability concerns. You are required to have equal rights to assignments and all class materials, including your corrections. If you are being deprived of this, speak up and make sure she can't fail you for something lame like not giving you the materials you need. Send an email to whomever you speak with at disability concerns and copy it to the dept chair if need be.